Saturday, July 19, 2008

As It Turns Out, This Year's Campaign Is Not Going To Be Revolutionary After All

One of the things that is great about being on the Zenith faculty is that my students (and I use this term broadly, since I teach relatively few of them) can always be counted on to be amusing. Well-behaved, not so much, but I don't care about that most of the time, and don't even really value it (as anyone who knows me or follows this blog could testify.) But amusing is essential. Among their habits is providing a helpful public service. They sift through the gunk that proliferates on the internet to come up with the funniest things -- things that will lift our spirits; things to provide blog content over the weekend when we faculty should really be writing for those stuffy folks who publish words on paper. And my students provide this service at no charge whatsoever - whereas they are charged for everything they get from me through annual payments of almost $45K. I find this remarkably generous of them, don't you?

See the latest contribution, via internet content producer Jib Jab:



Hat tip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What??!!? Where's our radically super-duper hope-n-changeyness??? And the transformational awesomeness??? Oh, noes!!!1111!!!!11111eleventy-one!

Say it ain't so.

Anonymous said...

TR,

Why didn't you personalize the JibJab video with your photo?

Do it!